The Education Programme for Syrian Refugees and Host Communities (BILSY), one of six projects that fall under the Support to Refugees and Host Communities (SRHC) cluster in Turkey, implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), aims to strengthen the organizational capacities and performance of educational institutions – in collaboration with the Turkish Ministry of National Education (MoNE) and to provide safe spaces for intercultural exchange that help Syrian refugees and members of the host communities in seven provinces of Turkey to live together in a spirit of neighbourly trust.
The project is active in several provinces of Turkey and is based in Gaziantep.
The project scope covers mainly the following fields of interventions:
- Improvement of learning conditions and access to education for refugees and host communities
- Capacity building activities for teaching staff in the field of didactics and intercultural competences
- Volunteer programs fostering community resilience and social cohesion among young people from refugee and host communities through sport-, cultural-, leisure-, youth camp- activities and other events.
- strengthen the collaboration between Germany and Turkey on the need to overcome challenges of forced migration;
- identify thematic areas in need of enhancing Turkish-German dialogues on integration;
- provide a platform to a multitude of actors from government, private and civil society sectors to exchange on successes and lessons learned whilst moving towards a comprehensive approach to social cohesion;
Representatives of Ministries and Municipalities in Turkey and Germany, representative of the Syrian Community, external development partners, NGO partners, general audience from the Turkish and Syrian Communities including teachers, youth, academicians and university students, sportspeople, artists.
Ministry of National Education, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Municipality of Gaziantep, Municipality of Kırıkhan, SGDDASAM, German Olympic Sports Confederation, Turkish Olympic Committee, Conflictus - Conflict Resolution Training and Consultancy.
Copyright © 2019 BilSy Closing Conference - All Rights Reserved.